The topic of gratitude has come up on three different occasions today. The first sweet question of the day that my Wuggs asked me was, “Sweets, what are you grateful for?” The second was packaged as a challenge by one of my favorite bloggers, STEPH CORKER! in her GRATiTUDE GiVEAWAY challenge (she’s challenging her readers to compile a list of 100 by February 29th). And the third was a topic posted on the Motivation and Support comment board on MyFitnessPal. Simply stated, “List 6 things you are grateful for today.”
I am taking Steph’s challenge…That that means that I have to come up with a minimum of ten new things every day in the next ten days to meet it. For those of you who follow my blog, you know I’m a sucker for a friendly deadline-driven competition.
Gratitude Parade: 10 of 1o0
- I am grateful for motivational posts that encourage all readers to parade our gratitude!
- I am grateful for the many experiences that have shaped the perspective and attitude of the me of today and person I will become.
- I am grateful for my wife! She inspires me daily and shows appreciation for the things I do by saying things like, “That soup you made last night really kicked a$$. Thank you.”
- I am grateful for my Vitamix–its a nearly perfect tool that allows me to create a daily dose of raw goodness packed with micronutrients for my god pod.
- I am grateful for sunshine–for the warmth on my skin (the most natural form of vitamin d) and for the happy sun-ray-sneezes it produces sometimes!
- I am grateful for modern plumbing. Seriously. Wouldn’t it be awful to have to run out into the night to go to the outhouse in the dead of winter?
- I am grateful for my family–the big smorgasbord lot of Italian and Swedish love! (How can you not love a family whose culture is known for the most awesome meatballs on both sides!)
- I am grateful for my mother for teaching me that ANYTHING is possible and what it means to love unconditionally.
- I am grateful for my bro–for his mad reporting skillz and dedication to sharing ALL news on the border. Even… GASP…the good public interest stories–in an effort to dispel the dominant misperceptions of Mexico.
- I am grateful for my job and the most excellent experiences I get in the regular work week. How many people can say that they work for an organization that they are passionate about? I get to connect amazing people to each other and to Emerson College every day.
What are 10 things YOU are grateful for today?